'If I could only choose one meal this would be it, every time!
It is so simple to prepare but spectacular enough to serve to your friends, you can prepare in advance and refrigerate then just bake when you are ready to serve'.
- 300ml Double Cream
- 1 x 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 40g Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 40g Freshly Grated Gruyere Cheese
- 40g Taleggio Cheese, Cubed
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
- 125g ball of fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Cubed
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped
- 500g Dry Penne Pasta
- 8g Unsalted Butter
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC / Gas mark 7.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil.
- Combine all the ingredients except the penne and butter in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Drop the penne into the boiling water and parboil, usually about 10 minutes. Drain well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Either divide the pasta mixture among 6 shallow ceramic gratin dishes. Dot with the butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 10-15 minutes.
- Or put the whole mixture into a large oven proof dish. Dot with the butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 25-30 minutes.